Integrating process

PID Tuner Forum Forums PID Tuner Help Integrating process

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    panzerschpecht
    Participant

Hello!

I have an integrating process so I did collect data as described in FAQ: made a series of step changes. But what next? Which part of dataset should I use? All of it or some particular transition from one state to another? If so, which one? I am feeling a bit confused here.

pidtuner
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Depending on the quality of your test data, it might be enough to just use one transition of your data set,
    Would it be possible for you to share your process data in order to give you more detailed help?

panzerschpecht
    Participant

Something like this: https://pidtuner.com/#/wl5wUVWt8i

pidtuner
    Keymaster

I just selected a region of your data that makes a model that “could” work.
    The “could” is in quotes because your test data is quite “dirty”, meaning that you have a lot of disturbances going on while you are making the test.

In order to get a proper model (and better PID tuning) try to do the test without such disturbances. The disturbances are clearly observable at the end of your est where you do not have any movements on the process input, yet the process output displays fluctuations that are not correlated to the input. These are disturbances, you must identify them and try to reduce them at least temporarily as much as possible for the test.

panzerschpecht
    Participant

Thanks a lot! It just became a bit clearer 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.