Control Loop Perfomance Monitoring

PID Tuner Forum Forums General PID Discussion Control Loop Perfomance Monitoring

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jorge
    Participant

Hello, first of all, thanks for pidtuner, it’s a wonderful tool.

Have had you think about to develop a tool to perform “Control Loop Perfomance Monitoring” (CLPM)? I think it should be an excellent complement to pidtuner. Importing data from a Excel file, and to calculate some KPIs, like oscilation, standard deviation, harris index, or others.

I would be glad to help if you need.

Regards,

Jorge

pidtuner
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for the kind comments.

Sadly I stopped working on control engineering software due to low or no wages. Now I develop cloud software where grass is greener. I came to realize that the closer the job is to the money, the better the living conditions.

It is a shame that control is always assumed to just “be there” when a product or a project is sold. Control engineering is, as seen by the people that pay, just one small part of something else. Thus nobody appreciates its value.

On the contrary, when working on software when the software itself is the product (cloud, mobile apps, etc), then people are willing to pay for it.

Having said that, if I even come to a position where I am financially  independent, at a point in which I can choose where I spend my time on, then I would definitively spend my time developing more advanced control, since it is something I am still passionate about.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.